Minggu, 06 Februari 2011

Simple Future

Ini materi rame lo? Mau tau alasannya apa? Langsung aja baca penjelasannya.hehehe



Simple future is used for describing job or action that will happened in the future. Simple future has two different forms in English: “will” and “be going to”.
Positive (+)
a) S + shall/will + V1
Example:
• I shall write a novel.
• They will play badminton.
• Charlie will go to the market.

b) S + be + going + to + V1
Example:
• I am going to write a novel.
• They are going to play badminton.
• Charlie is give a present to me.

Negative (-)
c) S + shall/will + not +V1 + O
Example:
• I shan’t write a novel.
• She won’t clean the room.
• You will not help him later.
• I will not take a nap soon.

d) S + to be + not + going to + V1 + O
Example:
• I am not going to party.
• He is not going to visit his grandparents next month.
• We are not going to clean the classroom.
Interrogative
e) Will + S + V1 + O
Example:
• Will you arrive on time?
• Will they want dinner?
• Will he swim very fast?

f) To be + S + going to + V1
Example:
• Am I going to visit my aunt?
• Are you buying a shirt?
• Is he going to write a novel?

Use of simple Future
1. Use “will” to express a voluntary action
Examples:
• I will send you the information when I get it.
• I will translate the email, so Mr. Smith can read it.
• Will you help me move this heavy table?

2. Use “will” to express a promise
Examples:
• I will call you when I arrive.
• I promise I will not tell him about the surprise party.
• I won’t tell anyone your secret.





3. Use “be going to” to express a plan
Examples:
• He is going to spend his vacation in Bandung.
• I’m going to be an actress when I grow up.
• She is not going o spend her holiday in Jakarta.

4. Use “will” or “be going to” to express a prediction
Examples:
• The year 2212 will be a very interesting year.
• The year 2212 is going to be a very interesting year.
• Charlie ST12 will be the next president.



1 komentar: